Chef/Owner, Victor J. McNulty
- 1980-saw Julia Child on TV
- 1982-first summer job washing dishes at The Southampton Inn
- 1983-line cook The Deck, Dune Road Hampton Bays
- 1985-studied Hotel & Restaurant Management at NYU & NYIT
- 1988-graduated top in class French Culinary Institute in NYC
- 1988-98-Chef and Pastry Chef positions from Florida to New York City to LA to Shelter Island to Massachusetts
- 1996-photo op in Bon Appetit Magazine
- 1997-nominated Outstanding Alumni French Culinary Institute
- 1998-Chef/Partner The Cornerstone Grill
- 2000-opened The Yellow Tomato, both to high marks NY Times and Zagats, just to name a few
- 2001-again nominated outstanding alumni French Culinary Institute
- 2004-sold the restaurant to spend time with family
- 2005-joined faculty at The Culinary Academy of Long Island
- 2008- Star Career Academy Instructor of the Year
- 2009-ACCSC [Accrediting Commission of Career Schools & Colleges] Instructor of the Year for the entire US
- 2010-Corporate Executive Chef all Star Career Academy Culinary & Hospitality Programs in NYC, Newark, AC, Philly & Syosset
- 2013-Campus President for The Culinary Academy of Long Island
- 2015-fortuitous meeting with Vincenzo Saulle at wineUdesign
- 2019-formed The Academy of Cooking, LLC. The Cook’s Studio at wineUdesign concept was brought to life
Chef, Cathrine Tysland
- 1985-1994 Restaurant manager, The Barge Restaurant, Port Washington NY
- 1995-1997 Restaurant manager, Slade’s American Bistro, Brooklyn Heights
- 1997-2000 General manager, Diva restaurant, SoHo, NY
- 2001- Graduated top in class in Culinary Art, French Culinary Institute, NYC
- 2002- Present, Chef/Owner, CTB Private events
- 2009- Graduated Culinary Academy of Long island, Professional Baking
- 2011-2016 Chef Instructor, Star Career Academy, Syosset, NY
- 2016-2018 Executive Chef and Creator, Café 21, NYC
Chef, Nicole Roarke
- 1998-2001 Manager/Server, Mickey Felices on Main, Patchogue, NY
- 2001-2003 Banquet Manager, The Bayport House, Bayport, NY
- 2002 BA Graduate, SUNY Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY
- 2003 Line Cook/Caterer, Crooms Catering & BBQ, Chula Vista, CA
- 2004-2006 Line Cook, Market Cafe, LOEWS Coronado Bay Resort, San Diego, CA
- 2006 Sous Chef, The Linkery, San Diego, CA
- 2006-2007 Executive Sous Chef, Aviles Restaurant, Hilton Historic Bay Front, St. Augustine, FL
- 2007-2008 Executive Sous Chef, Trattoria Aroma, Buffalo, NY
- 2007-2013 Caterer, NR Catering LLC, Long Island, NY
- 2009 Graduated with honors, French Culinary Institute, NYC
- 2009 Wok Chef, Spice Market, NYC
- 2009-2010 Chef Instructor, A La Carte, Lynbrook, NY
- 2009-2011 Executive Chef, Sugo, Long Beach, NY
- 2010-2013 Chef Instructor, Star Career Academy, Syosset, NY
- 2012 Cookbook Co-Author, Cooking Across America, Random House-Hatherleigh Press
- 2013-2016 Executive Chef, J.A. Heneghan’s, Point Lookout, NY
- 2016-2017 Chef Consultant, J.A. Heneghan’s, Point Lookout, NY
- 2016-Present Coordinating Producer/Chef, Restaurant Hunter, Verizon FiOS1 News, RNN-TV, Rye Brook, NY
Pastry Chef, Katie Martino Lopez
- 1997 Graduated with Honors, Classic Pastry Arts, French Culinary Institute, NYC
- 1997-1999 Lead Pastry Cook, Garden City Hotel, Garden City, NY
- 2000-2004 Acting Pastry Sous Chef, Garden City Hotel, Garden City, NY
- 2004-2005 Assistant Manager, Baked to Perfection, Port Washington, NY
- 2005-2006 Restaurant Opening Executive Pastry Chef, Blackstone Steakhouse, Melville, NY
- 2006-2016 Pastry Chair/Lead Pastry and Baking Instructor, Culinary Institute of Long Island, Syosset, NY
- 2019- Development of Baking and Pastry Website
- 1997-Present Freelance/Consulting
Chef, Mick Gehnrich
- Growing up cooked at the Mill River Rod & Gun Club Wild Game Dinners in Bayville, NY
- 1978 – 1979 Busboy & Prep cook, Hillary’s in Boston, Ma
- 1978 – 1980 line cook at Ken’s by George in Boston, Ma
- 1980 – 1982 Night Kitchen Manager at Remsen’s in Glen Cove, NY
- 1984 Graduated top 10 in class at Culinary Institute of America, Hyde Park, NY
- 1985 – 1990 Corporate Executive Chef at ARCO, Prudhoe Bay, AK
- 1990 – 2001 General Manager & Executive Chef at Sodexho Marriott Services, New York, NY
- 2002 – 2004 Sales Associate at Polean Foods, East Norwich, NY
- 2004 – 2016 Corporate Executive Chef/Chef Instructor, Culinary Academy of Long Island, NY
- 2017 – 2019 Food Director/Executive Chef, Bristal Assisted Living, Garden City, NY
Pastry Chef, Ginamarie Mongelli-Lepera
- 1980’s started cake decorating and cooking with mom
- 1990’s worked the kitchen at her parent’s restaurant, Bella Maria in West Islip,
- 2000 enrolled at The Culinary Academy of Long Island, studying both culinary and pastry
- 2001 opened Ginamarie’s Bakery in West Islip to rave reviews
- 2010 Sold the bakery into spend more time with her children
- 2011-2017 joined faculty at The Culinary Academy of Long Island as a Pastry Chef Instructor
- 2017-Present freelance Pastry Chef/Cake Decorator, Carvel Inc, producing over 300+ ‘one of a kind’ specialty cakes weekly
- 2018 launched Ginamarie’s Gluten Free Cookies
Featured on Anatomy of an Entrepreneur
Memberships & Affiliations
This endpoint has been retired
"I took the mozzarella and burratta class and it was amazing! Great teacher, great food.. great wine! It was such a fun night out with my boyfriend that we booked a second class with another couple. Can’t wait to go back!"
"We had a blast at the pizza making class and met nice people can’t wait to take another class!"
"Had a wonderful time, this place is a rare gem! Chef Victor is awesome and funny! His demonstrations of preparing the selected dish of the day was so easy to follow and he really makes it a fun experience! Staff is excellent and very friendly! Numerous wine tasting selections! Will definitely be back again! "
"This place is really awesome! From the fun to the food to the 🍷 wine it was a great way to spend a Saturday night! "
"My wife and I did the fresh pasta class last night and could not have been happier! We’ve done cooking classes before at a few different places - this was by far the most laid-back and most fun we’ve had. The physical setting is perfect - being in the middle of an active winery sets the tone. Chef Victor was awesome - funny, unintimidating, and genuinely passionate about cooking and teaching. We met some great people during class and had fun just chatting and cooking. My wife got to sample some of Chefs homemade Sangria which I think was the highlight for her :-). We already plan to book another night and bring some friends. We come from out east and it was well worth the hour drive."
"We had a great time. Victor was very knowledgeable and funny. Will definitely book another class with him!"
"We went with a group of 16 girls and had a fantastic time! We made empanadas. Chef walked us through it all. We ate, drank wine and had one of the best nights! We will be back for certain. Highly recommend it!"
"So much fun! Food was tasty and hands-on experience. The chef was friendly and funny. Great evening!"
"We had the best time ever! Chef/owner Victor was very accommodating as we planned and booked this only a few days before. We come from an Italian family and some were skeptical about learning how to cook our own food but not one person had nothing but NICE things to say. Everyone was sooo pleasant, welcoming and helpful. Not once did we feel rushed or not at home. It was an epic bachelorette party and we will all be back soon to take his other cooking classes. Yes, that’s how much fun we had! Words cannot express how thankful and greatful we are for all of your accommodations and help!"
"We had a great time! It was so different and cool to see how sushi rolls were made and to try for ourselves! We would be back for anther class!"
"Informative and fun and great time! The chef was funny and personable!"