Public Class Logistics Post COVID-19
As the COVID-19 situation evolves and the world begins a new normal, we understand concerns about public gatherings, especially food and drink related businesses.
Here are bullet points about The Cook’s Studio in-class processes regarding social distancing and sanitation, most of which were our standards prior to the outbreak.
- We operate in a large warehouse space with 14-foot ceilings and ample room
- At this time class sizes will be approximately 20 participants with 6 feet of space between all booking groups
- All participants work in groups of two , since the vast majority book as a couple
- Odd numbered groups, that book together, will work together, but individuals will work alone, we do not team up strangers
- Every booking group works at their own individual, commercial grade, stainless-steel, 5-foot-long x 30-inch-wide prep table
- All tables will be separated by 6 feet of free space
- Every group has their own equipment, such as pots, pans, utensils, knives, cutting boards, bowls, etc., absolutely nothing is shared
- Participants do not gather ingredients from a central station
- All ingredients are pre-portioned and laid out, at each table, for each group, by the Chef Instructor who wears gloves and a mask while setting up
- All Chef Instructors are ServSafe Food Handler certified
- The Cook’s Studio has a permit to operate by the Nassau Co. Dept. of Health, and follows their sanitation guidelines
- All small wares and wine glasses are cleaned and sanitized in a commercial dish machine
- All contact surfaces are cleaned and sanitized between classes using industry standard chemicals
- Absolutely nothing is prepared community style
- YOU eat only what YOU make
- There is no tasting or sharing of dishes between guests or Chef Instructors
- All dishes and eating utensils are single-use eco-compostable
- Leftovers are taken home in supplied containers, or discarded
- Fresh professionally laundered aprons and towels are supplied for every class
- Ample food handler’s gloves of varying sizes are provided for use throughout class
- Individual hand sanitizers will be provided
- Wine servers wear masks
- Cashless tip option will be available when booking and in-person
- Everyone must wear masks when entering the winery, but they are not mandatory once you are at your table.
- As of June 1st, face coverings will be optional for fully vaccinated guests.
- All staff will be wearing masks while interacting with guests.
Send a Message
"I took the mozzarella and burratta class and it was amazing! Great teacher, great food.. great wine! It was such a fun night out with my boyfriend that we booked a second class with another couple. Can’t wait to go back!"
"We had a blast at the pizza making class and met nice people can’t wait to take another class!"
"Had a wonderful time, this place is a rare gem! Chef Victor is awesome and funny! His demonstrations of preparing the selected dish of the day was so easy to follow and he really makes it a fun experience! Staff is excellent and very friendly! Numerous wine tasting selections! Will definitely be back again! "
"This place is really awesome! From the fun to the food to the 🍷 wine it was a great way to spend a Saturday night! "
"My wife and I did the fresh pasta class last night and could not have been happier! We’ve done cooking classes before at a few different places - this was by far the most laid-back and most fun we’ve had. The physical setting is perfect - being in the middle of an active winery sets the tone. Chef Victor was awesome - funny, unintimidating, and genuinely passionate about cooking and teaching. We met some great people during class and had fun just chatting and cooking. My wife got to sample some of Chefs homemade Sangria which I think was the highlight for her :-). We already plan to book another night and bring some friends. We come from out east and it was well worth the hour drive."
"We had a great time. Victor was very knowledgeable and funny. Will definitely book another class with him!"
"We went with a group of 16 girls and had a fantastic time! We made empanadas. Chef walked us through it all. We ate, drank wine and had one of the best nights! We will be back for certain. Highly recommend it!"
"So much fun! Food was tasty and hands-on experience. The chef was friendly and funny. Great evening!"
"We had the best time ever! Chef/owner Victor was very accommodating as we planned and booked this only a few days before. We come from an Italian family and some were skeptical about learning how to cook our own food but not one person had nothing but NICE things to say. Everyone was sooo pleasant, welcoming and helpful. Not once did we feel rushed or not at home. It was an epic bachelorette party and we will all be back soon to take his other cooking classes. Yes, that’s how much fun we had! Words cannot express how thankful and greatful we are for all of your accommodations and help!"
"We had a great time! It was so different and cool to see how sushi rolls were made and to try for ourselves! We would be back for anther class!"
"Informative and fun and great time! The chef was funny and personable!"
Please visit www.MercerCulinary.com for more info. Knife styles used during class available for purchase, at our cost, ask your Chef Instructor. Be careful, they’re sharp!