How it Works
Pick Your Class
- Click onto our Class Calendar page
- Scroll through classes
- Click on the class/date you are interested in
- Fill out the form from there to register
- Make sure to read and agree to the cancelation policy
- Let us know if you have any dietary restrictions, we will accommodate and adjust to the best of our ability, email email@example.com
- Most classes are $85.00 per person [plus online processing fee] which includes wine and enough food to eat, and take home
- If you are a Gift Certificate recipient with a 20-digit code, enter it into the Discount or Redemption Code box when registering
- Once registered you will receive an immediate email confirmation, as well as an email reminder 2 days prior to class
- Your receipt and credit card statement will be from our corporate name-The Academy of Cooking, LLC; some credit card companies will categorize us as a ‘caterer’
- If a class date is sold out, you can join a waitlist using the form on the Class Calendar page.
- Classes typically run 1.5-2 hours depending on theme and number of attendees, private events are longer.
- No special attire is required, dress however you like!
The Day of Your Class
- The Cook’s Studio at wineUdesign is located at 156a Engineers Drive, Hicksville, NY 11801
- We are in the industrial park behind the Quality Plaza, right off South Broadway, Between Levittown Ford and Applebee’s
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the start of class
- At this time class sizes will be approximately 10-24 participants with 6 feet of space between all booking groups
Start of Your Class
- Everyone will grab a seat and watch the Chef demonstrate the dishes from start to finish
- Aprons, food handler’s gloves and recipes will be provided
- There is an overhead mirror so everyone can see
- Once the Chef’s demo is completed, usually 20-30 mins, then it will be your turn to cook!
- Everyone works in teams of 2 [private or corporate team building events may be larger teams]
- If you are an odd number group, someone may work alone, we do not pair up strangers
- You may choose to stand or sit while cooking
- All food and equipment will be laid out for each team according to the recipe, no measuring or gathering!
- Wine will be served throughout the class, paired with the lesson’s dishes
- Bottled water is available free of charge
- Sprits, beer and soda are not available; outside alcohol is not permitted
- There will be plenty to eat, and plenty to take home; the only food provided, or needed, is the food you prepare
- Eco-Compostable plates and utensils, as well as to-go container are provided
- We take lots of food and action pics for social media, please let us know if you are shy
- Only paid attendees and employees my be in class for social distancing compliance
- Clean copies of the recipe are available when leaving, and always available via email
- You will be given a promo code for $10 off your next class
- Wine bottles are available for purchase at a class discount of 20% per bottle
- We proudly use Mercer Knives-they are for sale from TCS
- Post lots of pics from your experience
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram
- Leave us a Google review
- Tell all your friends!
- Gift Certificate are available online
- Classes should be booked online, walk-ins are not encouraged
- Class schedules are generally available 3 months out
- Please call or email if you cannot attend a class, even if you are outside of the cancelation policy, we usually try to accommodate
- If a class needs to be cancelled by TCS due to insufficient reservations, we will always give you at least 72-hours’ notice; you be given a full refund plus a 25% discount code towards your next class
- If class is scheduled and there is inclement weather looming, we will always err on the side of caution for our guests and staff; guests will have their choice of a full refund or to apply the reservation to another session
- We have ample parking
- There are no stairs in the facility
- We operate in a functioning winery warehouse, our space is not child friendly, which is why 14 is our cutoff, but we have made exceptions, please call Chef Victor 516.439.1355 to inquire about younger children joining public classes
"I took the mozzarella and burratta class and it was amazing! Great teacher, great food.. great wine! It was such a fun night out with my boyfriend that we booked a second class with another couple. Can’t wait to go back!"
"We had a blast at the pizza making class and met nice people can’t wait to take another class!"
"Had a wonderful time, this place is a rare gem! Chef Victor is awesome and funny! His demonstrations of preparing the selected dish of the day was so easy to follow and he really makes it a fun experience! Staff is excellent and very friendly! Numerous wine tasting selections! Will definitely be back again! "
"This place is really awesome! From the fun to the food to the ? wine it was a great way to spend a Saturday night! "
"My wife and I did the fresh pasta class last night and could not have been happier! We’ve done cooking classes before at a few different places - this was by far the most laid-back and most fun we’ve had. The physical setting is perfect - being in the middle of an active winery sets the tone. Chef Victor was awesome - funny, unintimidating, and genuinely passionate about cooking and teaching. We met some great people during class and had fun just chatting and cooking. My wife got to sample some of Chefs homemade Sangria which I think was the highlight for her :-). We already plan to book another night and bring some friends. We come from out east and it was well worth the hour drive."
"We had a great time. Victor was very knowledgeable and funny. Will definitely book another class with him!"
"We went with a group of 16 girls and had a fantastic time! We made empanadas. Chef walked us through it all. We ate, drank wine and had one of the best nights! We will be back for certain. Highly recommend it!"
"So much fun! Food was tasty and hands-on experience. The chef was friendly and funny. Great evening!"
"We had the best time ever! Chef/owner Victor was very accommodating as we planned and booked this only a few days before. We come from an Italian family and some were skeptical about learning how to cook our own food but not one person had nothing but NICE things to say. Everyone was sooo pleasant, welcoming and helpful. Not once did we feel rushed or not at home. It was an epic bachelorette party and we will all be back soon to take his other cooking classes. Yes, that’s how much fun we had! Words cannot express how thankful and greatful we are for all of your accommodations and help!"
"We had a great time! It was so different and cool to see how sushi rolls were made and to try for ourselves! We would be back for anther class!"
"Informative and fun and great time! The chef was funny and personable!"
Please visit www.MercerCulinary.com for more info. Knife styles used during class available for purchase, at our cost, ask your Chef Instructor. Be careful, they’re sharp!