- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil
- 6 oz. chicken thigh, cubed
- S&P TT
- 4 oz. chorizo, sliced
- 1 large shallot, small dice
- 2-3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 baby carrot, small dice
- ¼ rib celery, small dice
- 1 cup short grain rice
- 2 cups shellfish broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig thyme
- 3 oz. San Marzano tomatoes
- Pinch saffron
- Assorted shellfish such as shrimp, scallops, clams, mussels; raw, in cleaned shells
- 2 oz. green peas
- 3-4 mini peppers, sliced
- 8-10 grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cucumbers, sliced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 sprig fresh herbs, chopped or torn
- 3 tbsp. olive Oil
- 2+ tbsp. vinegar
- S&P TT
- 2 tbsp. shaved cheese
- 6-8 pitted olives, whole or sliced
- Season chicken with S&P, heat olive oil to coat paella pan.
- On medium-low heat, lightly brown chicken.
- Turn chicken over, then add chorizo to the pan.
- Discard tongs that have come in contact with raw chicken.
- Add fresh vegetables, sweat on medium-low heat for 3 mins, do not brown.
- Add rice and saffron, combine well with veggie mixture.
- Add broth, San Marzano, bay leaf and thyme, bring to a boil, stirring once with a wooden spoon.
- Reduce to medium-low heat, cover and cook for 20-25 mins, do not stir anymore.
- Once liquid is 90% absorbed, remove bay leaf and thyme.
- Add shellfish (largest shells first) with the hinged side down.
- Cover and cook until all shells open, about 2-5 mins, depending on size.
- Add peas and shrimp, cook until the shrimp are bright red and firm. Enjoy!
- Mix and enjoy with or while Paella is cooking.